Wednesday, March 31, 2010

From Conventional Wednesdays to Blooming Wednesdays ....

Today, Wednesday, March 31, 2010, I feel possessed, mesmerized, captivated, owned, surprised, amazed, eluded ….. I am astray at putting words and strings together as they simply don’t exhibit the elegance to describe the unbelievable experience I underwent. It is tortuous to express and communicate my sentiments as of the today’s happenings. It would be unjust to write about it. It all happened today, It all happened today …….. The day took off just like any other day. It felt nauseating to wake up early. I managed to gain my composure to go to my school, Stockholm School of Economics. Apparently, a guest lecture was scheduled in the Media Management Course to be given by Tomas Bacoccoli, a relatively unknown personality to us who is passionate about music. I arrived 5 minutes late into the class and saw that Tomas was just getting started with the proceedings. He was to discuss branding and its relationship with certain entities in addition to how to attract consumers. He pinpointed the importance to create an emotional attachment between the brand and the consumer to make a product a formidable success. That is where the emotions started to peak. He started uncovering the profound mysteries in such an awesome way which consequently, had every single individual engaged so deeply throughout the session that went nonstop for over one hour and a half, something that rarely happens in a class at SSE. I am definitely sure it would have seen all too conventional if it wasn’t for Tomas. It seemed so different from our other lectures. Everyone was emotionally involved. His mysterious skills, his tone of voice, his examples, his jokes, and the structure of the presentation encompassed great balance, great substance, effortless flow and above all, emotionality. I was stunned, REALLY STUNNED! At the same time, I felt blessed to have been a part of the audience. I felt proud. I felt honored. It seemed nothing short of a miracle to view Tomas’s consistency in evoking the audience in front of him so mysteriously. He amalgamated academics, experience, passions, emotions, sentiments all in one absolutely sublimely. It was striking! His statements and expressions made me project them on myself literally. They affected me emotionally. It made me dig deep to look into myself. There seemed to be facets of mystique involved. I was lost for a while really reflecting on Tomas and observing him. I appreciated some thoughts on synergies between today’s episode and the magical universe of Harry Potter and being experiencing them physically.

It went on and on. Tomas acknowledged he had the audience engaged. He could feel it. Tomas concluded by saying he missed out on something that he’ll address later. People were reluctant to move. They wanted to listen more from Tomas. They wanted to see more of Tomas’s actions and reactions. Time was up. We considered ourselves unlucky not to be able to witness more of Tomas’s exhibition. Nevertheless, the encouraging aspect made waves later during the day when it was made public that Tomas will be having another session at the TEDXSSE4M event on April 21, 2010 at Stockholm School of Economics. I anticipate it to be an even greater exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment